Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's
















2008 is finally over! I must admit that I am glad to see the craziness of '08 leave and anticipate the craziness sure to come in '09. We had a very low key New Year's as always. We hung out at home and Kailee had a friend stay over. Matt had to be up early so he went to bed at about 9, while I watched a movie in bed and the kiddos went nuts down stairs. When the big moment arrived I celebrated with the kids. Yes, that is Jayden in his scivies. The kid seriously will not keep his clothes on. He is going to be that old man that goes out to get the morining paper in his tighties, with a big smile waving to the passer by's and not have a clue as to why they are laughing at him. Anyhoo, moving on, we put on silly hats, shook our noise makers, and drank some bubbly (otherwise known as sparkling cider). Except Jayden, he had to have our family favorite, IBC Rootbeer. It lasted a whole of about ten minutes before we were all tired and went to bed. What can I say...we know how to party! So now I guess it's time for the infamous new year's resolutions. Of course we all made them. Matt and I decided collectively to be better about getting in touch with people. I will be the first to admit that we are the worst at returning phone calls, spending time, and reaching out, so we hope to change that this year. Which is a big reason we made this blog! We also have the usual getting organized, budgeting better and so on. However, a big resolution I made is to be more positive. The past two years have been so crazy that we have let life control us rather than us controlling life. I have had enough with that nonsense and I am taking that thought process and turning it around. We are getting back to our roots I guess you can say. At one point in time, no matter how busy or crazy, the glass was always half full. That time is coming again!! I'm not saying that we are overly negative by any means, just that I want to be more positive.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, Welcome to the blog. Amen to the positive thinking this year. I said that was my resolution as well before the New Year came. Only I am also not going to let people step on me anymore. Talk to you soon on the blog world.

    ReplyDelete