Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Jay Boy!!
















Here we go again! Another one of my kids has decided, against my wishes, to grow another year older. Jayden turned 9 on Monday. Can you believe it? 9!! I am going to try my hardest to contain my need to cry over how fast my kiddos are growing. It has hit me like a ton of bricks lately. I find myself tearing up over silly things like walking past the play place at the mall. I used to have three kids who could and would spend hours playing. Now, I have zero!! They are all too big. However, the straw that broke the camels back was when Matt and I saw how hesitant Kailee was to sit on Santa's lap with her brother and sister. I remember being in 5th grade and you would not catch me anywhere near Santa. Especially at a busy mall where I could be seen. We both realized that this was probably the last year she would humor us with this. Another milestone I never wanted to see come. I used to pine for the day's that I didn't need to push a bulky stroller, or carry a diaper bag, and even better a small child around. Now, I wish nothing more than for those day's to return. Okay, Okay, enough with my melodrama. More positive thinking for New Year's, right? Well, we did have a great time with Jay on his big day. We went bowling, per his choice, and had way too much fun. The kid's are really good bowlers. After I came in last place in both games, we decided it was time to go home and sing happy birthday. He blew out his candles, and much to his surprise they re lit. He blew and blew and blew, but they would not go out. It took him a few minutes to realize that we put the trick candles on. It was very funny! A perfect way to end the night!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sister... I feel the same way. It is crazy to think how fast they all are getting. I would have more if I could. You are still young and hot you know. Back to Jay Boy! He is such a good little man. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Buddy,,,

    Love ya
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete